Do Hot Water Systems Need Servicing?April 14, 2022
Most people don’t think about their hot water system until there is a problem. But did you know that hot water systems need to be serviced on a regular basis in order to maintain them? If they’re not serviced, they can fail sooner than expected. In this article, we’ll explore the importance of servicing your hot water systems and if you need to service yours.
What are hot water systems?
Hot water systems are an important part of any home. They provide hot water for bathing, washing dishes, and laundry. Not only that, but they also help to heat your home in the winter. Hot water systems are devices that use hot water to heat your home. They provide hot water for showers, dishwashing, laundry, and other uses. They can be either gas or electric and come in a variety of different sizes. A water heater is a type of hot water system that uses gas or electricity to heat water.
Why do hot water systems need to be serviced?
Just like any other appliance in your home, hot water systems require regular servicing to keep them running smoothly. If they’re not serviced, there are a few things that could happen:
- Your hot water system could start leaking, which could lead to water damage in your home.
- Your water heater could start to rust and become prone to needing a replacement.
- They can result in higher energy bills.
- They can also overheat, which could cause a fire.
- Or simply stop working altogether.
How often do hot water systems need to be serviced for optimal performance?
That depends on the make and model of your water heater. Most hot water systems need to be serviced once a year. However, if you have a gas hot water system, it’s important to have it serviced twice a year. This is because gas hot water systems are more prone to problems than electric hot water systems. Regular maintenance can improve its efficiency and keep costs down. For optimal performance, it is important to service your hot water systems on a regular basis. If you don’t, it could lead to problems down the road.
Signs that your hot water system needs servicing:
If you’re not sure whether or not your hot water system needs servicing, here are a few signs to look out for:
1. Water not getting hot
The hot water doesn’t seem to be getting hot enough or it’s taking a long time for the water to heat up.
2. There is water leaking from the hot water system.
There are a number of factors that can cause a hot water system to start leaking including a faulty pressure relief valve, a damaged tank, loose pipe fittings, and high water pressure.
3. The hot water system is making strange noises.
A banging or rumbling noise are among the most common sounds you may hear when there is a problem. Typically, these noises can be attributed to sediment build-up. When enough sediment accumulates in your hot water system, it may react with the heating element to create those noises you’re hearing.
4. The hot water system is old or outdated.
Check for a label from the manufacturer on the side of your water heater — this should include the date the system was installed. If the label is missing, or the installation date is not listed, you can use the serial number to determine the age of your unit.
5. The hot water system is constantly turning on and off.
Due to age and other reasons, water heaters will often start to randomly turn off and on.
If you’re experiencing any of these signs, it’s likely that your hot water system needs servicing.
What are the benefits of servicing your hot water system?
A list of benefits to servicing your hot water system include :
- A hot water system that is serviced regularly is less likely to leak or overheat.
- Servicing your hot water system can help to prevent sediment build-up, which can cause the hot water system to make strange noises or even fail.
- By servicing your hot water system regularly, you’re extending its life by up to 10 years.
- Servicing your hot water system can also help to save you money on energy bills, as a hot water system that is running smoothly doesn’t have to work as hard to produce hot water.
When you service your hot water system, you’re not only keeping it running smoothly, but you’re also prolonging its life.
As hot water systems age, they tend to break down and need regular maintenance. The good news is that hot water system maintenance can be done by a professional plumber with minimal fuss or disruption to your day-to-day life. All you have to do is ask the plumbing experts for a hot water service quote today.